Wake up Scotland is being run to encourage creativity amongst young people at this time when opportunities for music making are limited.
- The promoters of Wake Up Scotland! are the registered charity Scottish Schools Pipes and Drums Trust and the Red Hot Chilli Pipers Ltd.
- All members of participating bands must at all times obey whatever Coronovirus Prevention measures are being enforced by the Scottish Government as they prepare and record performances.
- By submitting a film to Wake up Scotland all members of the band agree to the film being broadcast on social media, and their images being used in supportive publicity and other promotional activity.
Prizes will be paid direct to the lead member of the winning band, or their parents if under 16 and must be shared amongst band members equally.
– 1st place £1,000 and the opportunity to play with the Red Hot Chilli Pipers during a Scotland concert. Date to be arranged with the winning band.
– 2nd prize £500
– 3rd £250
– People’s Choice: £500
The organisers may wish to pay prize money divided between individual band members rather than to a single payee. The total amount will be unchanged.
- Every attempt will be made to find a suitable date for the winning band to be the support act at a Red Hot Chilli Pipers concert – in the event no mutually acceptable date can be found no alternative prize will be offered.
- Participants will most probably need to use an online app likeAcapella or one of the many others unless they are members of the same household. There is no restriction on what app is used other than the finished film must be capable of being submitted online.
- The organisers of Wake up Scotland reserve the right to increase the number of judges from the planned four in the event of a large entry being received.
- Any disputes will be adjudicated by the Managing Director of the Red Hot Chilli Pipers Ltd and the convenor of the Scottish Schools Pipes and Drums Trust.
- Email and mobile phone contact details will only be used for communication in direct support of this competition and will not be shared with third parties.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for any reason.
- Finished films must be submitted via the competition page linked from www.sspdt.org.uk on or before midnight on June 12, 2020
- The judging of shortlisted films will take place on The Red Hot Chilli Pipers Facebook on Saturday June 27 at 7pm.
- The People’s Choice poll will be held on the Scottish Schools Pipes and Drums Trust’s Twitter page.
- By entering Wake Up Scotland! all band members agree to abide by these terms and conditions.